On May 18th, B.Energy hosted a delegation led by Professor John Taylor and seventeen students from Wayne State University of Detroit (MI) School of Business, Global Supply Chain Department. The visit to B.Energy gave them a complete overview of the industrial production cycle by analyzing waste management issues and technologies. Particularly interested in the automotive sector, the group had previously visited FCA-Stellantis plants in Torino.
PHDs from the University of Salerno – SEED (Sanitary Environmental Engineering Division) also participated in the B.Energy visit, giving a short presentation on the topic: “Measuring the environment: from waste to value” and then provided a good opportunity for knowledge networking.
The visit was mainly focused on the industrial wastewater treatment plant and on the techniques the company applies to reduce water consumption, potentially produce less final waste, and towards projects aimed at reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills.
During the visit, the Wayne State University students were briefed on B. Energy capabilities and work procedures and had a tour of the treatment plant to be given a whole picture of the waste management cycle.
The Consulate of Italy in Detroit and the Dante Alighieri Society of Michigan want to thank Ing. Salvatore Adelfi, Technical Area Manager, and Dr. Amedeo Santoro of B.Energy S.p.A for working with us and hosting our Wayne State University graduate students led by Prof. John Taylor.
Italy offers businesses well-established infrastructures, innovation, and design, and we are thrilled that students can capitalize on and take advantage of these educational networking trips.
B.Energy is one of the subsidiary companies of Greenenergy Holding, an important industrial group that deals with waste management, set up as a circular economy hub.
The other sister companies in Greenenergy Holding are:
• Ambiente, which – for the last 30 years – has developed technologies to increasingly improve recyclable waste materials sorting efficiency and owns one of Europe’s most innovative multi-material sorting plants.
• Planetaria, a logistic company counting on a fleet of over 100 trucks and special machinery, which can also run specialized maintenance and emergency unblocking of sewage systems and treatment plants.
• Ri. Genera, a qualified company for extracting metallic fractions from ashes, a common by-product of waste-to-energy plants.
• Blue Service specialized in improving the quality of work and private life spaces through environmental hygiene and offers services such as area sanitation and pest control.
• Energreen, providing engineering and safety support to all the group’s companies.
B.Energy core business is waste management, a sector representing excellence at the Italian level. Since its foundation in 1986, the company has enhanced its capabilities to become a global player in waste management services. The company manages industrial customers’ internal waste storage areas and collects and transports the waste to its plant, where it can be stored and treated for final disposal and, preferably, for recovery. It owns a waste storage and treatment plant, fully compliant with Italian and European regulations. B.Energy holds the EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) certification, a voluntary environmental management tool for companies and other organizations to evaluate, report and improve their environmental performance in compliance with the highest European technical standards.
B.Energy works in the environmental sector also with other specific activities such as:
• Environmental remediation with capabilities in asbestos removal and disposal.
• Remediation of soil contaminated by chemical products, hydrocarbon, and hazardous waste.
• Environmental consulting for private facilities and Public Institutions.
• Industrial cleaning and decommissioning.