With the proceeds derived from the Art Auction which took place during Dante Alighieri’s 90th Anniversary Gala on November 1, 2014 at the Detroit Yacht Club.
The DAS of Michigan is proud to announce the Art Competition
Calling all students in Michigan who love art and the Italian language and culture – this is for you! Just submit a depiction of Italy’s renowned poet Dante Alighieri, and you could win a week-long cultural course in Florence and trip expenses up to $1,000!!
What do I need to do?
- submit a depiction of our great poet Dante Alighieri in any visual art form, such as a drawing, painting, collage, mosaic, photograph, sculpture, etc.
- include a description of the work and a short explanation of why that art form was chosen
Am I eligible? (pay attention, you must meet all of the following 3 requirements):
- a college student who is (was) registered for an Italian language course during the current or upcoming school year (2015-2016 or 2016-2017).
- a resident of Michigan or a student at a Michigan college or university.
- at least 18 years old at the time of application
What do I win?
- a fully paid week-long cultural course at Dante Alighieri Firenze
- up to $1,000 to cover air and lodging expenses
When is it due?
- registration must be completed by November 30, 2016 (click here)
- the piece must be delivered by December 15, 2016 (see below)
Once again, we would like to thank all the artists and volunteers who donated and participated in the Art Auction Sale!!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
The legal stuff:
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older on the date of submission of the entries.
- Entrants must be College Students registered for Italian classes during the college period 2015-2016 or 2016-2017.
- Entrants must submit their work under their own name.
- Entrants must be residents of or attend college in Michigan.
- Entrants must not have had a solo exhibit at a major museum.
Note: The Competition is not open to employees or volunteers of the Dante Alighieri Society of Michigan, the competition director, or members of the judging panel. Immediate family members of any of the aforementioned are also not eligible.
- Only online entries submitted through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org are eligible for the Competition.
- The entry will include a completed registration form and a description of the work of art you will present.
Registration must be completed by November 30, 2016. To download a Registration Form CLICK HERE– Submit only 1 entry.
- Pieces entered must be the original work of the Entrant and the Entrant must be the exclusive owner of the piece.
- Pieces may not contain content that is illegal, unlawful, or otherwise in violation of applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws and regulations where the Piece was created.
- A Piece that has won another competition is ineligible for this Competition.
Submitted Pieces must be delivered by December 15, 2016 and must be taken down by February 15, 2017.
- Delivery and pick-up will occur at the Dante Alighieri Society, 630 N. Old Woodward Ave., suite 102, Birmingham, MI 48009.
- All entries will be exhibited at the offices of the Dante Alighieri Society Michigan Chapter for the period December 15, 2016 – February 15, 2017
Judging: The decision of the judges (3) is final and no correspondence will occur regarding the judging process.
Prize: The winner of the competition will receive a cultural course at Dante Alighieri Firenze for a week. DAS Michigan pays course directly (approx. $300). DAS reimburses air/lodging expenses up to $1,000 (upon presentation of receipts and presentation of certificate of completion of course). The winner will be announced on September 10, 2016 at the Dante Alighieri Anniversary Celebration at Belle Isle. The winner of the competition will also receive a free ticket to attend the DAS 2016 Celebration Gala in January 2017 and exhibit the piece during such event. All participants in the competition will receive a 1-year free membership to the Dante Alighieri Society, Michigan.
For questions and additional information, contact us at email@example.com.
Permissions and Copyright: By entering the Competition, Entrants grant the Dante Alighieri Society Michigan chapter Competition royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide rights to reproduce submitted Pieces for promotional and exhibition purposes.
All submissions will be credited when reproduced. Should any usages beyond those needed to promote the competition arise, a license will be negotiated with the creator independently of the competition. Entrants’ moral rights are respected. Pieces displayed in the exhibition will be credited to the artist. Entrants retain all copyrights to their work. All submissions will be credited to the Entrant when reproduced.
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES: Entries that are incomplete, do not meet guidelines, are corrupted or submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The Entrant must submit an exhibit-ready piece for the judging by the specified deadline. All pieces will be displayed at the DAS office for 2 months. At the close of the exhibition (September 15, 2016), the pieces will be available for pick-up at the Entrants’ own expense. Works of Art not claimed back by September 30, 2016 will be auctioned at DAS for future scholarship funds. By accepting a competition award, an Entrant agrees to the use of his or her name, likeness, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Awards cannot be transferred or assigned. Award recipients are responsible for any taxes that may be imposed upon their award. If for any reason the Competition is unable to run as planned, due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the competition organizers or program sponsor, the Competition reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the competition. By entering the competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the program director, the Dante Alighieri Society and all its chapters, and any employees/ volunteers of the competition from any claims, losses, and damages as a result of participation in this Competition or any competition related activities. Competition reserves the right to modify these terms as conditions at its discretion. By submitting an entry to this Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.