1. General policies/Membership/Enrollment /Refund Policy
The membership of La Società reflects all nationalities, vocations, and ages of persons interested in Italian culture.
The Dante Alighieri Society – Michigan Chapter is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization. All member due and donations are tax-deductible to the extend permitted by law.
Members and students are expected to follow the conduct indicated below:
— Soliciting or selling outside products or services is not permitted.
— Eating and drinking are tolerated at DAS offices but we ask that you leave the rooms as neat as you found it.
— A valid membership to the Dante Alighieri Society is required to borrow books and DVD’s from the library.
— Members are responsible of returning books or DVD’s within two weeks. DAS of Michigan reserve the right of requesting a security deposit fee.
— Students are not required to be members to enroll in classes. DAS Membership is required for the discounted rate. – – Tuition fees do not include membership and books cost.
— Books are required to enroll to DAS classes. Books will be distributed on the first day of the session and cannot be returned.
— Payment for classes and books (for the entry levels ) must be made in full at time of registration. Students should inform their teacher of any absence to allow the teacher to prepare for the class accordingly, and to receive homework assignments .
— Students can schedule a one-hour private class (to be purchased separately) with a teacher to make-up a missing class or to enforce a specific book unit.
— Registration is required in advance. Once the class has been scheduled and confirmed, no changes or refund are possible. Refund Policy: A full refund will be made before the start of the course only.
– No refunds will be made after the course has started.
- DAS of Michigan reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class if enrollment does not meet the minimum number of registrants. Notifications will be sent to those enrolled by email and/or phone call.
– If the class does not start a full refund or credit (if requested by the student) will be applied.
– Credits may be applicable on a case-by-case basis:
– Credits cannot be issued if a student attended 2 or more sessions of a started class.
– Credit cannot be issued to a student who withdraws a class .
– Applicable Credits are valid for a period not exceeding six months from the last attended class.
– Applicable Credits will be processed based on the number of remaining hours in the course.
– PLIDA Exams enrollment are non-refundable.
– Books are non-refundable once they have been picked up by the student.
– Membership is not refundable in the event of a course withdrawal.
DAS reserves the right to decline to allow any person from taking a class or classes, attending events or becoming a member for any reason whatsoever. If DAS declines a student’s class registration, event attendance or membership any associated fees paid will be refunded.
DAS reserves the right to request that a student repeat a course. DAS follows the common sense during inclement weather. Our regular business hours and classes take place at their regularly scheduled times unless otherwise indicated. Class cancellations and make-up classes are announced and scheduled by the teachers.
For children under the age of 5, we ask parents/legal guardians to attend the classes, unless differently indicated from time to time.
For ages 6 to16: children can be dropped off. Parents are then welcome to wait for their child or come back once the class has finished.
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Individual member: 1 ticket
Family membership: 2 tickets plus any children up to 16 years of age.
Senior Member: 1 ticket
Senior double: 2 tickets
Patron: 1 ticket
Guests must pay the non-member price.
No refunds is issued to a participant if an event location is booked and full paid.