Thu, November 15, | From 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
“The Extraordinary Italian Taste, III Settimana della Cucina Italiana nel Mondo” an extraordinary plan to support the internationalization of Made in Italy brand and to promote High Italian Cuisine (Alta Cucina Italiana). The 2018 edition is identified by the logo “The Extraordinary Italian Taste, “2018 Anno del Cibo”.
– promotion of the Mediterranean Diet and its ingredients;
– enhancement of regional food and wine itineraries, also in connection with the 2018 Year of Food;
– training activities, with particular attention to the hospitality industry, to develop long-term collaborations between Italian and local cooks;
– protection and enhancement of protected and controlled denomination products together with actions for the diffusion of Italian methods of trademark
– initiatives to combat the phenomenon of Italian sounding;
– connections with the celebrations of the Rossiniani Centenaries, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the composer’s death, passionate about cooking and well-known gastronomy.
Live cooking demonstration & dinner coordinated by the Italian Chef Mimmo Bei Casagrande
Thursday, November 15, 2018 – 6:00pm-9pm
Great Lakes Culinary Center – 24101 W Nine Mile, Southfield, MI 48033
Ticket price include cooking demo, dinner, and wine.
DAS Members $55.00 – Non Members $60.00
Limited space, reservation is required in advance!
Organized by the Dante Alighieri Society of Michigan, the Istituto di Cultura in Chicago, in collaboration with the Federazione Abruzzese del Michigan, the Italian American Cultural Society (IACS), the Italian American Club of Livonia Charitable Foundation (IACLCF), under the auspices of the Consulate of Italy in Detroit.
Note, this menu can be updated.